I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Monday, October 5, 2009

SORRY!!!

I have blogged almost every day since I have been in Costa Rica, but last week the tables were turned. I know that my mother is probably wondering why on earth I have not updated it in almost a week! To put it plainly, last week was hellacious, work wise. The week in general was good, but I just had a LOT of work to do.

1. I had to complete a take-home exam for my Society & Environment class, which doesn't sound bad, and it wasn't. It was just incredibly time-consuming. I had to do a lot of research online and summarizing and all kinds of things, and it took up a lot of time.

2. On Tuesday, Claudia and I spent the entire day (8:45-4:45) at the hospital in a workshop for my internship. I had to do a lot of prep for that Monday night, and then a lot of follow-up work and research that I am STILL working on, and will be working on for a while, which is fine because I need the hours to count toward the internship!

3. On Thursday, I had to teach my Spanish literature class....in Spanish. The research was time-consuming, and then I had to prepare the lesson and questions, in addition to a thorough analysis of the text we had to read for the class. This took a lot of time and was a bit stressful, because I was nervous about having to talk for so long in good Spanish, since I was being graded on how well I spoke in addition to the content and accuracy of the information. This took up a LOT of time last week, because the project is 15% of my final grade, I believe, and I wanted to do well.

4. For Spanish class on Thursday, I had to read a chapter in the novel we are reading (in Spanish, claro) in addition to the other work for class that day.

5. Thursday I had class till 4:30, then dance class from 5-6, then my dance "exam" at 8:30. In between class and the exam I had to pack for the beach, get ready, and finish up some other random tasks so that I could go to the beach in paz.

Maybe this will help my mom understand why I didn't have a lot of time to Skype last week. I'm sorry, mom. :-( But hey, I get to see you on Thursday!!!!!!

Speaking of....

MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT ME THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are arriving in San Jose around 1 pm and will be driven to San Ramon where they will wait until I finish my classes for the day. I still have to work on our itinerary a bit so that they can see the best of Costa Rica!

Anyway, that sums up the busy-ness (or business) of last week, and I will be posting throughout the day with details of last week, in addition to details (and photos!) of my trip to the beach this past weekend!!!

0 comments: