I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend with my parents - Part 2

Saturday was a fun but tiring day. We arrived back in San Ramon around 5 pm. We hung out at the apartment for a bit, and I went back to my house to get some things to send home. I came back and we decided to just go get a quick supper at a nearby soda around 7. I let mom and dad have casados, but they weren't that yummy unfortunately. Afterwards, to fill our stomachs a bit more, I took them to my favorite ice cream place in town. I think they enjoyed their $1 cones. We then walked back to the apartment to watch the soccer team play! Dad and I fell asleep watching it around 8:30, and I didn't wake up really until 7 am Sunday morning! It was nice to have a good night of sleep. I think we were all pretty tired from 2 days of lots of exploring and fun.

Sunday was a tough day because I knew I would have to say goodbye. We got mom and dad all packed up and cleaned up the apartment, and the driver picked us up around 11. We headed toward San Jose. We got them all signed in at the airport, and then hung out for a bit before they had to go. And in walked the Costa Rican soccer team that is playing in the US tomorrow!!!!! They actually were on mom and dad's flight to Charlotte! Crazy, huh? Anyway, we said our goodbyes rather hurriedly so that they could beat the team in line, which I was thankful for because if we had had a long sappy goodbye I probably would have cried. I let them go and then had the driver come back and pick me up.

It was hard to say goodbye. Sunday afternoon was pretty tough for me, but I am doing better now, a couple of days later. I am glad that we still have Skype so that we can see each other. It makes things much much easier!

I am so glad that mom and dad got to come. I wish that my little sister could have come as well.....


See you in a couple of months, mommy and daddy!


1 comments:

momster said...

We had a wonderful time in your little city. I am so glad that you are happy and are enjoying yourself. I love you LOTS. MOM