I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Summing it up: Wednesday and Thursday of last week

Unfortunately there isn't much to tell about last Wednesday.

I had class from 8-10:30 or so, and then worked at school on my take-home exam until 12. I went home and ate lunch, and returned immediately to school to continue preparing my take-home exam and lesson for Thursday's Spanish lit class. MIF and I had a cafecito around 3 to take a break from studying, and then I went back to school where I studied until 5 or so. I then went with JW to the biblioteca (library) to study until it got dark, and then I went home to eat, and to still continue working. I stayed up until 11:30 or so when I just couldn't stay awake any longer, feeling good about what I had done, and ready to teach!

The class on Thursday went better than I expected. I vowed to myself Thursday morning that I would not be nervous, and somehow I wasn't. Instead I was excited to be able to teach the class and speak for so long in Spanish, because I really do love speaking the language. The teacher seemed to be very pleased and said that I did well! Hooray! And no one in the class fell asleep during my presentation, so I took that as a compliment as well. After class I returned home to eat lunch and finish my homework for my 1 pm Spanish class. I finished the homework rather quickly and took a nice little siesta before lunch. We had a quick lunch, and then I headed back for 3 1/2 hours of Advanced Spanish. It was fun and informative, and I finally feel like I am learning new things and applying them as much as I can. Afterwards I hung around and waited for dance class to start. Since our exam was that night, we just did 45 minutes of aerobics with our instructor (who is also apparently an aerobics teacher) which felt really nice! I then went home, showered, ate supper, packed and cleaned, and headed back to school around 8:30 to head to my "exam!" We met our professor at school and then Gerardo took us all to Night Fever, one of our favorite spots here, and we all hung out downstairs before going upstairs for the exam. When we arrived upstairs, no one was there, which was an unusual sight, but they let us chill in the VIP section until the "exam" began. Our instructor talked to the DJ who graciously played whatever we wanted since we were the only ones there. He played salsa and meringue that we all danced to for our exam. It was so much fun! I danced salsa with the instructor for a little while, which was a blast because he dances so well! It is fun being the girl because all you have to really do is keep up the rhythm and steps and let the guy twirl you around! I think I passed the exam, thankfully. ;-) We didn't stay long, and I was back home around 10:30. I finished packing and went to bed, and planned to blog but the internet wasn't working. I took advantage of the quiet of the evening and went to bed early to get a good night of rest.

0 comments: