I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday

Today Claudia and I had another day-long workshop with the hospital staff. Today instead of meeting at the hospital, we met in a large room at the museum here in town. There were about 20 people in this meeting, a few more than were in the last. Today we showed them the CMI that they all completed and that we typed for them, and we took some time to discuss changes and modifications. They were very pleased. I went home to eat lunch and went right back to the museum for our afternoon session. I talked with Dr. C, the hospital director, for a while. I was curious to know if he spoke English because he has said some silly English phrases to me before, so I asked him if he did and I was surprised to find out that he actually spent a year studying in Illinois when he was in high school! He told me that the majority of things he reads now, mostly medical-related, are in English and that he enjoys it. He also shared with me that he has visited over 30 states in the US, something I haven't even done! His favorite adventure was his trip to Bay Hill, Florida, to play at Arnold Palmer's course, because golf is his favorite sport and he loves to play! I told him that my dad stayed there for a weekend one time to play as well. He told me that if my dad came to visit me while he was in Costa Rica that he could play golf with him and his buddies, and that he had a spare set of clubs that he could even use! He wrote down his phone numbers, and I told him that I didn't think there would be time but that I would tell him just the same.

When the day was over I trekked home (around 5 pm), exhausted and eager to relax. And relax I did! I finished my homework rather quickly, and enjoyed a lazy evening.