I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

this week

Whew, what a week it's been! I'm so glad it's (almost) over! This week was midterm week, meaning that on Tuesday I had to take one midterm and make a 20 minute presentation in Spanish, and today I had two more midterms - all cumulative, of course! Thus, there aren't many exciting details to share.....Monday there were no classes because of Columbus Day. I spent the day in Cafe Delicias doing work leisurely with my other gringo friends. Monday evening and Tuesday morning I spent preparing and studying more. Tuesday I had a presentation in Spanish about the fashion of Costa Rica, and then a midterm in my cultures class that I think I did well on! Wednesday I had class in the morning, and then spent most of the day studying for my 2 Thursday midterms. I DID, however, take a few hours out of my study time to go watch the Costa Rica/US soccer game!!! We went to a popular spot near the mall on the edge of town and cheered Costa Rica along with all of the ticos! It was incredible! I think they get more excited here about soccer than Clemson fans do about football, and that is some SERIOUS excitement!! I then came home and studied for a while longer. I got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go to school to study for my 8 am midterm, which went okay, I guess! And then I spent the afternoon studying for my 1 pm midterm. TOO MUCH STUDYING! The second one today went well too, I believe. MIF and I then took a walk around town to relax a bit and it was nice! And then we had cafecito at my house, and then went back to school for dance. Today we did more aerobics and cumbia, which is also pretty much like aerobics! I am now waiting anxiously for my precious friends to arrive from the US who are staying in CR for the weekend!!!!! And to test my patience, their flight has been delayed....one hour. AHH!! Help me, Lord, to just be patient! Tomorrow I am taking them to a volcano nearby (PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!), and then Saturday we are heading to the beach. I really hope that they enjoy their time here. They are two of my best friends from home! And then Sunday they will go home, and Monday I leave for Tortuguero, CR and PANAMA for almost a whole week! Some fall break, huh? Just another reason why I LOVE Costa Rica!

0 comments: