I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

lazy weekend

There really isn't too much to report about my weekend. I stayed in town and relaxed, and it was VERY nice! I would have loved to have traveled somewhere, but the circumstances just didn't allow for it. The majority of the USAC group was on a field study with another class that I am not in, and a couple of other students took off to the beach very early Friday morning, and it would have been too time-consuming for me to try to make it to them Friday night and only spend one day there. I was/am thankful for my time home with my host family. I got some GOOD sleep and down time. I became very sick with a horrible cold in the middle of the week, and it hit full force Thursday and Friday. I got 8-10 hours of sleep both Friday and Saturday nights. My host mother also offered me an all-natural syrup that she said would help my cold, and she has also kept me loaded up with hot herbal tea which helps clear my throat a bit.

Saturday I slept until 9 or so, blogged a couple of times throughout the day, knocked out a good chunk of homework, had lunch with the family at a restaurant on the edge of town, went shopping with MM and AM for some things she needs for a dance she has coming up at school, and watched the heaviest rain storm I have ever seen in my life! It came up Saturday mid-afternoon, and the sky was dark, like the sun had set almost. It was loud and the rain was hard. It was pooling up on the porch and in the streets and MM had to take a broom to sweep the water off of the front porch! It was incredible to watch though. I love watching storms.

Sunday's activities were about the same. I slept until 9, had food when the time was right, and did some blogging and homework. I have a lot of bigger assignments - essays and projects due this week and next - and it was good to have 2 days to really sit down and spread the workload out so that I could get a lot done without being so overwhelmed! Plus it will alleviate some of my homework woes for the coming week.

I am feeling much better after this restful and quiet weekend. Though I would have enjoyed traveling, I think that staying home was definitely the better choice. I don't feel bad at all, but I do have some congestion in my head and chest.

On a lighter note....

I had the privilege of being featured on one of my favorite blog's this weekend - Etiquette with Miss Janice. You can see the post here. Thank you, Miss Janice, for including my photo and blog info!

Hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend and is ready for a great week! I can't wait to see what Costa Rica shows me this week!

PURA VIDA.

0 comments: