I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Wednesday was somewhat of a lazy day for me. I had class from 8-10:30 or so (we got out a bit early), and then I hung around school until lunch time doing some blogging and some homework. I went home and had lunch and had a nice little siesta during the storm. It rained most of the afternoon and evening on Wednesday. TC, AK, and I went to a thrift store near my house to check it out. I didn't find anything, but I did find SOMETHING. I was with the boys perusing the racks which surprisingly consisted of mostly American clothes, when a little plaid pattern caught my eye. My mind immediately processed this plaid image as something Burberry, but I thought to myself, "Surely not, not here in a thrift store...." Well, of course I took a closer look, and to my surprise, the light blue Burberry polo that I found was legit! I couldn't believe it. It was a man's polo and it cost the equivalent of $2. Yes, a real genuine authentic in excellent condition men's Burberry polo for $2. Thank you very much. TC liked it and bought it, and I left the store feeling proud. We went back to my house and spent an hour or so there hanging out, watching videos, and Stumbling. They headed to school to play soccer in the rain with some ticos, and I stayed at home to finish some homework. I did homework for a while and then went to watch a movie with MSG and KL at KL's house. Around 10 pm, I got super tired really fast, and started getting loopy! MSG and I took a taxi home, and I went straight to bed.



Thursdays ..... I dread them and look forward to them at the same time. I dread them because I am in class for 8 hours (not consecutively, gracias a Dios), but I look forward to them because they are my last days of classes for the week AND I have dance class (my favorite) on Thursday! In my 8 am lit class we watched The Mission, a movie about the history of the Jesuits, Spanish, Portuguese and Guarani peoples of South America. It was VERY interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. Very accurate as far as the history in it goes, and actually very interesting! I stayed after a few minutes to talk to the teacher about a presentation I have to make next week in class, and then I headed home. I finished up some homework at home and then had lunch with the family. I headed back to school to Advanced Spanish. We had class for an hour, and then the 5 of us (4 students + 1 professor) went to Aroma's Cafe to "have class!" I LOVE school here. The teachers are so flexible, and since we all like coffee and cake we convinced her to have class at this cute little cafe near the park! We talked about subjunctive and then spent an hour or two just talking - nothing else - in Spanish. It was very helpful. The more I practice, the more confident I feel and the more I want to talk and learn! I enjoyed the class a lot! She took us back to the U (thankfully she drove because it was POURING down) where we waited to start dance class. Dance class was fun. We went over salsa, meringue and bachata again. Profe also informed us that our "examen" would consist of basically passing the whole night in a club doing salsa and meringue and returning late that night/early the next morning. What a tough exam, huh? Should be fun, though! Thursday night, some of us went out to do some dancing of our own, and boy, did we dance! I ended up salsa-ing and meringue-ing with a tico for a half hour or so, and it was awesome! He danced really well and for some reason complimented me on my dancing and said that I almost looked like a tica! It's amazing to me how nice the people here are. I came home and went to bed, and then got up around 9 am Friday morning.

Friday was a relaxed day (just like every day is becoming here for me!). I got up and cleaned my room a bit, did some homework, and then headed to school to do some studying and watch some of my amigos play soccer. We all hung out for a while and then some of us went to Delicias to work on some homework. I had a DELICIOUS strawberry smoothie. Next time I get one I will have to remember to take my camera so that you can see how alluring it was, and why I got it! We all went home afterwards to get ready and eat supper, and we planned to meet up at the park later in the night. We all ended up hanging out a place on the edge of town, and I came home before 12.

0 comments: