I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Stay tuned!!!

In spite of a busy busy weekend, I had a lot of time to think, and I really started thinking about my blog a lot! I LOVE writing, and always have, even though I really haven't ever said that to many people. I love journaling, and I really do enjoy keeping this blog! After a lot of thought, I have decided that it is time to take it to the next level!

I don't want this blog to be all about me. After a while it may get boring for those who read it to just read the details of my life here each day. I have tried to break up that monotony so far by including posts about my observations and opinions of the culture here, but I have realized this weekend that there is more that I can do!

Here are some ideas that I have thought of and am brainstorming more about (and of course I am open to suggestions!!!):

  • Love Language LUNES - Lunes = Monday in Spanish. If you know me well, you know that I LOVE to talk about the love languages! This book by Gary Chapman has changed my life more than any other book ever has. It has taught me how to be a good friend, daughter, sister, etc., whatever my role may be in any and every relationship I am involved in. SO...each Monday (or lunes) I will be posting something about the love languages. I will be explaining each of them (there are 5), including guest posts or something of that nature that contains thoughts and opinions of others on the love languages, and hopefully just sharing enough about them that people will begin to recognize them and realize their importance in their own lives!

  • I am thinking through some sort of daily/weekly post that is similar each week - photo of the week, verse/quote/thought of the day/week, word of the day, dish of the day (since I love the food here so much!) with a recipe or something like that - I have to think through this part a bit more! Maybe a travel story from a reader each week, a photo of the week with a different them each week? Who knows!!!
  • Guest posts - Some blogs I read almost every day have guest posters, and I think this may be a great thing to try to incorporate! Not sure what the specifics would be on this - it may just be that people send in a request to post and then they write on whatever they want and I post it (after approving, of course). Need to think about this one some more.

These are just some ideas I am thinking through right now! Again, if you have suggestions/ideas, comment on this post with your recommendations, or e-mail me!

0 comments: