I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

StumbleUpon

Have you heard of it?

Neither had I, until KL revealed its marvelous mysteries to me.

"Tonya, meet your newest study distraction."

Now, I was hesitant at first, because I already get distracted easily when I study. But after KL showed this little gem to me, I was hooked.

Basically what you do is create an account in less than 10 seconds, install the toolbar on your browser, and start by clicking 'Stumble.' It will bring random websites to you based on interests you select from a list. You can them give them a thumbs up or down, make favorites, e-mail the sites, etc.

Look at some of the things I stumbled upon:

How ADORABLE is this turquoise and orange room, found here?


And what about this stunning view of Macchu Picchu in Peru? This photo is from a website that lets you pay $3000 to run along the Inca trail. Now, I don't have that much money to fork out for something like that, but the site and idea of it is still intriguing.

Come on, give StumbleUpon a try and see what YOU can find!

0 comments: