I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a little taste of home...

Last night, my class ended around 6:30 pm and it was already completely dark by then. I walked home (yes, mother, it was safe), and really enjoyed the walk. It was quiter than normal, and cool, and a bit of a breeze was blowing, and suddenly I was shocked to hear the steady humming of the crickets. Call me crazy, but it reminded me of being back home. I couldn't help but smile as I stopped for a minute to close my eyes and take it all in. I felt like I was right back at home. It was comforting to hear that sound that I so often take for granted.


Another thing I must mention here is the little Esso gas station around the street. Now, it's not a restaurant like it is back in Clemson, but just seeing the little sign made me smile and think of Clemson.


I do love it here, but I do miss home and miss all of my friends and family. Little things like this have been like reminders of home, and are comforting to me down here so far away from everything I know.

1 comments:

aobrien said...

Hahahaha! Well I have to say the Esso is missing you! So in one of your blogs you said they put leche con cafe! lol Coffee in your milk! So I can pick that out! lol I have done well on my last 2 quizzes well at least I past them! first one 60, second 75! making progress lol