I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday so far...

Today is Sunday. It feels strange to not be going to church somewhere. I tried to get online to watch the NewSpring service, but couldn't hear anything, even though my computer volume was turned all the way up. After chatting with someone in tech support, we figured out that my download speed was not fast enough, and that it wouldn't work. He said I would have to go somewhere with Wi-Fi. I'll have to just wait for the podcast, and try out an internet cafe (if they are open) on Sunday! Or find somewhere to go to church. My family asked me what religion I was this morning, and so I told them I was a Christian, and they told me of a baptist church nearby, so it's something I'll have to look into.

I slept late today, till 9 or so. I didn't actually get out of bed until 9:30 though. It's nice to just rest and relax. I had a pleasant desayuno with my host parents and brother. They fixed a very typical Costa Rican dish called "gallo pinto" (not sure if I spelled that right), made of frijoles (beans), arroz (rice), cebolla (onions), and chile (peppers). It was DELICIOUS!!! I liked it a lot. We all talked for a while, and now I am back in my room, which opens directly to the kitchen, catching up on some e-mails and working on applications for pharmacy schools. This is probably all that I will do today. The family doesn't have anything planned. Alonso has a test tomorrow so he will be studying, and Adriana has a friend over that she is entertaining. The friend she has over is the daughter of a lady who spent a year in Costa Rica with my host mom's mother, so my host mother and this girl's mother lived together when they were teenagers here in CR!! How cool!

Buenos dias!

2 comments:

momster said...

Hello to my beautiful tica...I love you and am glad I can comment now!!

jade said...

Hey Tonya!! it's jade glad u got there safely have fun ur in our prayers God Bless!!! =-)