I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

temporary breakdown

So yesterday, for an hour or so, my internet at home WAS NOT WORKING.

I, like most college students today probably would, FREAKED OUT!

I tried everything. It said that my wireless was firewalled and disabled. I was thinking all kinds of crazy things, like I was going to have to ship my computer home to get it worked on, and all this stuff. I decided to take a nap, and sure enough, when I woke up, it was fine again.

My host dad asked me last night if I had had problems, I said si, and he said if it happened again to just let him know, because sometimes something gets turned off and it is very easy to fix. The same thing just happened a few minutes ago, and I told him, and he told me that when the microwave is on the connection is messed up. Kind of funny. It's crazy how dependent on the internet we are. I feel silly talking about it, how upset I was yesterday that my internet wasn't working!

I had a lazy day/evening yesterday. I spent the afternoon doing some e-mailing (still have a lot of those to do today), and I spent several hours yesterday researching pharmacy schools. I actually ended up making a spreadsheet with a lot of info. to try to organize and decide which ones I wanted to apply to. It really helped a lot since I'm such a visual person! I think I about have it narrowed done, and I will probably start filling out the actual applications this week! Crazy, huh? I've been waiting for nearly 6 years to do this, and now the time has come, and I can hardly believe it!

This morning I had to meet a group from my class yesterday to work on an assignment. We got that done pretty quickly. I talked to Claudia and Carlos for a while, and we began making arrangements for my internship. It looks like I will be working ~9 hours a week, wherever I will be at, and the schedule will be determined by the location and by my schedule as well. I have to keep a daily journal and a board for Claudia to keep up with too. I am going to visit the different possible sites on Thursday with Gerardo to determine what I think will be the best fit for me. I am a little bit nervous about it since I am not exactly sure what I will be doing. Hopefully it will involve a lot of observation of what goes on and how health care is administered here. Costa Rica has a universal health care system, so I think it will be very interesting to see how it works.

It's rainy and cloudy here today, but the temperature is nice. I'm out on the patio enjoying the quiet (not really quiet, but quieter than normal) and the cool breeze. It's not terribly humid. I think we are having lasagna for lunch, Costa Rican style! We'll see how this goes...I'm not a big fan of lasagna, but I want to try all that I can! I have class later today at 4, and it lasts till 7 - Latin America and its Cultures, I think.

Ciao for now!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sissy says hey and she misses you
she is doing great
we miss you very much and wish you great success
love dad