I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Pictures of my house!!! (And another with a funny story...)

I know these look a little light because of the background on my blog, but if you click on each of them you can see them enlarged and you can see all the little details!!! I am posting pictures of most of the house, excluding down the hall where the bathroom is and where the rest of the family's rooms are. I will try to get those pictures taken soon and posted as well. I hope to maybe use my digital camera to make a video of a walking tour through the house soon so that it's easy to understand where the rooms are located in the house.
I posted the story behind this photo on a post from yesterday, but the short version is....We went in a store because I wanted a bottled coke. Register lady asks if I want a bolsita. I just say "si" and nod. She proceeds to pour the coke in a plastic bag, and gives me a straw. Apparently this is normal here, but I didn't know that...until I had that experience!
We learned in class today that stores will do this so that they can keep the glass bottles and reuse them again and again, and also because plastic bags are easier to dispose of than glass bottles (even though plastic bags don't decompose really!).

Front porch

Looking out from the porch...all the homes have bars over them, just for safety.


Right side of the porch...haven't tried the hammock yet, but I will soon!



Porch




Sala inside





La sala


"back yard" looking at the house from the garaje


Back yard - they grow lots of things



Back yard from the back patio


Patio! One of my favorite places in the house!



Patio, from the dining room


Dining room area

My other favorite place in the house...the KITCHEN


Looking at the kitchen from my bedroom door

0 comments: