I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Thursday

Yesterday my alarm decided to malfunction and not go off. Therefore, I snapped awake at 7:15, leaving me with 45 minutes to get ready, eat, and get to class. Somehow, I managed to do it and I made it to class on time. Class went well and passed by quickly. She let us leave a few minutes early. I came home to finish some homework for my 1 pm class. I laid down to rest for a while, and woke up around 12:20. Normally at this time we have lunch since I have class at one. However, I awoke to a silent house and no food. Initially I was not concerned. Then it became 12:30, and then 12:40. I knew that unless they arrived right then with prepared food, I would not be able to eat and make it to class on time. I got my things together and just figured I could go to the pulperia on the corner and get a sandwich and head to the U. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door at 12:43, my family busts up in the house with pizza. Apparently the meat that my mother had was bad, and they went to get pizza. I sat down to eat, and they offered to drive me to school. They all decided to ride, even though it's just up the road, but it was special to me that they all wanted to take me. So they took me, and told me if the teacher gave me any problems for being late (the teacher here is my aunt), to have her call them. Class went by quickly. During our break we had coffee and cake in the cafeteria - lovely, as always. We got out of class I bit late, so I went to change and headed straight to dance class. We reviewed all the dances we knew, and then did some aerobics at the end. I love the dances here, especially salsa. At some point before I go home I want to go out somewhere and ONLY salsa the whole time! We all decided to go to a costume party together that was put on by some of our tico friends from the U, and decided to meet at DB's apartamento at 9. I went home and ate some papas with the family. They told me Nicaraguan jokes. (To Costa Ricans, Nicaraguans are a thorn in their side.) They were funny and I was glad that my family decided to share some funny things with me. I took a shower and got ready, called a taxi, and headed over to DB's to meet everyone. We all met there and hung out for a while before going to the costume party. When we got to the costume party (in Night Fever - where else??), our tica friends greeted us and talked to us for a bit. We all hung out together and then started dancing. It wasn't overly crowded like it sometimes is, which was really nice. But there still was a good number of people there. I made a friend and we talked as best we could, given the loudness and darkness. SC and I left together kind of late. Needless to say, I slept in this morning, till 8:30, even though I woke up at 7:15 thinking I had to go to class or something. Overall, Thursday was another busy but good day!

0 comments: