I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, currently living in Costa Rica studying abroad. Join me on this adventure as I blog about it all - what I'm doing here and what the culture is like, in addition to my musings on faith, fashion, and current events.

HOW TO COMMENT ON MY POSTS

Below each post is a line with the time the post was posted, and at the end it says "0 Comments." Click on that. It should immediately take you to a screen that shows all the comments on that post, as well as a text box that will allow you to type and post your own comment. Make sure to click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" at the bottom so that it will show up!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

tonses

Yesterday I spent most of the morning at school doing work and talking as much as I could. I had lunch at home with the fam and then had to go to the hospital for a while to work. I was so sleepy initially and I think I may have fallen asleep at some point while I was there. Anyway, one doctor offered me coffee so I gladly accepted and drank it down fast...black. I was fine after that! We had to complete this table yesterday that will help them evaluate how well they have done in reaching their goals and such. Initially it was confusing and they argued some, but somehow it all became clear and we got it figured out.

After the hospital, I went to cultures class. We talked about problems with unemployment among youth in Latin America. Then we had coffee and snacks and our teacher invited 3 Costa Rican students to come talk to us. We all took turns talking (in Spanish, of course), about how we were raised, what kind of family we came from, our universities, costs, scholarships, working, etc. It was fun to exchange stories with them, and they were very nice! After class I came home and turned around back out the door to go have ice cream with a tico friend! We sat in the park for a few hours and talked a lot! It was fun because I got to speak a LOT of Spanish. It was very windy and cold, though. Apparently windy and cold is typical November/December weather here.

Today I had class as usual. I then met with Claudia for a while to go over some internship stuff. Had spaghetti with the fam at home for lunch. Spent most of the afternoon leisurely studying and doing homework. I was going to run some errands for tomorrow but was just too darn lazy. Costa Rica must really be getting to me! I feel like I have been so lazy here. Daddy tells me that I shouldn't overload myself and take on too much, but it seems that doing just that and overexerting myself is the only way I manage my time well. I'm sure there will be some culture shock as far as that's concerned when I get back to the States.

Currently watching game 2 of Costa Rica/Uruguay. Unless they score 2 goals they are bankrupt for the World Cup next year. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comments:

momster said...

YAY...21 days and counting! I love you and miss you lots!